Monday, December 9, 2013

Complete Control......

Got the day off and decided to clean up my hardware drawers first. Every few months I make a run and buy a few handfuls of Stainless nuts, bolts, and washers. 99% of the time it is all I use while building a bike. I tend to just buy one size and as I go just cut them down to the exact size I need. After you do this  for awhile I can literally in my head know almost every nut and bolt I will need. So I dumped the entire drawer out and just went through the whole fucking thing. Made some notes about what I need to restock up on. I have ten drawers like this one so I hate when they get like a bomb went off in them. I have all my Grade 5 and 8 in another drawer. I will say until you know and understand hardware and the correct usage of it you will be lost. Get a cheap drill/thread gauge so if you run into a weird bolt pattern all you have to do is hold it up and then put it where it belongs. Complete Control.

No comments:

Post a Comment